3.3.11

kite paper

    We just downloaded the DNG Kite Kapers, and it brought to mind some kite paper I had rolled up on a top shelf. I purchased it on sale years ago, but didn't use it with the kids. Last night I searched for instructions on how to make kites using kite paper. Instead I found instructions for lanterns and window stars.

     This afternoon we created these:

One source recommended cutting with a sharp knife instead of scissors for straighter edges.

concentration

Fold each rectangle in half, making a crisp crease. 

It doesn't take much glue. 

created almost all by himself



     More complete tutorials can be viewed here, here, and here.

     Another thing I found interesting was an explanation of geometry and medieval rose windows. Maybe we can make one of these for the medieval themed mystery dinner planned later this spring.
Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer
    These are BEAUTIFUL!

    Thank you for sharing this with us.

    Blessings,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I'll have to make some of these with our kids, I know they'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are beautiful, Jennifer! Thanks for sharing, and now to find some tissue paper and a bit of free time. Hope you all enjoyed Kite Capers, too! :)

    Blessings,
    Amanda B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! Your unit studies were so much fun, especially for my son.

      Delete

comments from friends: